We've actually begun the first stages of moving my studio. We spent the weekend movingmy office and carving out a temporary setup at home. Next weekend we'll move my painting stuff and set up the temporary studio at another location. So for a while, my office computer and my studio work-space are going to be separated, which means my blogging is going to be (even more) erratic over the next few weeks as we move and I get used to my new temporary setups. Not an ideal situation, but I rather expected this given the tight timeline we put ourselves on to get the new studio built.
Meanwhile, progress has been made on the studio building. Here are a couple of shots of the foundation:
Forms were set, in preparation for pouring the concrete:
After the concrete was poured they took the forms off:
This morning the concrete guys are finishing up their work, including back-filling and grading the ground, and then we'll be ready for the builder. We've gotten word from the builder that they can be ready to start this week, so long as my special order doors come in. Fingers crossed!